1.- COSTS INCURRED IN RESERVE CANCELLATIONS
The INSURER guarantees, up to the limit established in the Particular Conditions and subject to the exclusions mentioned in these General Conditions, the repayment of the costs incurred in cancelling any reserve or stay by the INSURED, charged by the Agency or any travel suppliers, in application of their terms and conditions, provided that the reserve is cancelled before the trip begins and due to any of the following causes, occurring after the insurance contract has been signed:
1. Death, severe personal injuries or severe illness:
• Of the INSURED or their spouse, their ancestors or descendants, brothers, sisters, sisters or brothers-in-law, daughters or sons-in-law, mothers or fathers-in-law, or relatives with three degrees of consanguinity.
• Of the person in charge of looking after minors or persons with disabilities during the trip.
• Of the professional substitute.
Where the INSURED is concerned, a severe illness is understood as a health alteration that requires hospitalisation or bed rest / repose within the 7 days preceding the date of the trip and that, for medical reasons, makes it impossible for the INSURED to begin the trip on the expected date.
When the illness affects any of the relatives mentioned above, other than the INSURED, it will be understood as severe when it requires hospitalisation or involves the risk of imminent death.
A severe accident is understood as a personal injury not intended by the victim, due to the effects of a sudden external cause, which, in the opinion of a medical expert, makes it impossible for the INSURED to begin the trip on the expected date, or involves the risk of death for the INSURED any of the abovementioned relatives.
2. Cancellation of the trip of the person that was to accompany the INSURED during the journey, registered at the same time as the INSURED and insured under this same contract, provided that the cancellation is due to any of the causes mentioned above.
3. Transfer of the trip to another party, due to the INSURED’S cancellation, guaranteeing the additional costs incurred in changing the name on the reservation.
4. The INSURED being required to go into surgery.
5. The INSURED having to remain in bed, under doctor’s orders, as a consequence of a pregnancy with complications, provided that the condition begins after the policy was contracted, or due to natural abortion.
6. Any illnesses affecting children of less than 24 months if they are also insured under this contract.
7. Medical quarantine as a result of an accidental event.
8. The INSURED being called to appear before a Civil or Criminal Court, as a party to the proceedings, witness or member of the jury.
9. The INSURED being called to act as a member of an Electoral Board.
10. Presentation to official exams when the organisation in question announces the dates after the insurance has been contracted.
11. Severe injuries caused by fire, explosion, theft or force majeure, in the main or secondary residence of the INSURED, or at their place of work, if the INSURED are self-employed or manages a company and their presence is essential.
12. Theft of any documents or luggage that makes it impossible for the INSURED to begin the trip or continue with a trip that has already started.
13. Any unexpected rejection of an application for visas.
14. Acts of aerial, terrestrial and naval piracy, which make it impossible for the INSURED to continue with their trip on the expected dates.
15. Declaration of the INSURED’S place of residence or the destination of the trip as an emergency zone.
16. The INSURED beginning a new job at a different company to that where they worked, with an employment and provided that this occurs after the trip was booked and therefore, after the insurance was contracted.
17. Forced transfer of the place of work.
18. The INSURED’S loss of employment, provided that the redundancy is not for disciplinary reasons. This cover will not apply when the loss of employment is due to the normal expiry of the employment contract or the INSURED’S voluntary resignation or failure to complete a probation period successfully. In any case, the insurance must have been contracted before the INSURED were informed of the loss of employment.
19. Declaration of Personal Income Tax in parallel, made by the Ministry of Tax, which results in an amount due from the INSURED of more than € 600.
20. Fault or accident affecting the vehicle belonging to the INSURED or their partner, that makes it impossible for the INSURED to start the trip on the dates originally foreseen.
21. Cancellation of the trip due to the Insured winning a similar trip in a public raffle or draw, performed before a Notary.
22. Arrest of the Insured by the police.
23. The Insured being called upon to appear in a divorce proceeding.
24. The delivery of an adopted child.
25. The Insured being called upon to undergo an organ transplant.
26. Concession of a public grant.
27. The Insured being called upon to appear and sign any official or public documents.
28. Court ruling that the INSURED or the INSURED’S business is facing bankruptcy or is going into receivership.
29. Unilateral decision to change the INSURED’S holidays by the INSURED’S employers or company
30. Any cause of force majeure, duly accredited with the substantiating documents.
This cover will only be valid if it has been contracted, at the time of reserving or confirming the trip.
2.- REIMBURSEMENT OF HOLIDAYS THAT WERE NOT TAKEN
The INSURERS will reimburse the INSURED, up to the maximum limit stipulated in the Particular Conditions and subject to the exclusions stated in these General Conditions, a sum agreed for each day of holiday that is not taken. This sum will be established by dividing the sum insured by the number of days established for the trip, subject to the presentation of documents substantiating the cost of the holidays.
This cover will apply when the INSURED are forced to interrupt their holidays, due to any of the causes mentioned in cover 1 “COSTS INCURRED IN RESERVE CANCELLATIONS”.
3.- EARLY RETURN CAUSED BY A SEVERE ACCIDENT IN THE INSURED’S PLACE OF RESIDENCE OR PLACE OF WORK.
The INSURERS will provide the INSURED with a travel ticket for returning to their habitual place of residence, if the INSURED need to interrupt their trip due to severe damage to their habitual place of residence or work caused by a fire, provided that the fire has required the services of the fire brigade, a successful theft that is reported to the police or authorities, or severe flooding, to an extent that the INSURED are forced to go to these places and such situations cannot be solved by direct family members or other trusted parties, provided that the event takes place after the trip has started. Likewise, the INSURERS will pay for a second travel ticket for the person that was accompanying the INSURED that was forced to return, provided that this second person is also insured under this policy.
4.- ASSIGNATION OF A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER IN THE EVENT OF ILLNESS, ACCIDENT OR DEATH AFFECTING THE INSURED
If the INSURED must be transported or repatriated as a result of an illness, accident or death, or if the INSURED are rendered unable to drive their vehicle and none of the passengers, if applicable, that accompany the INSURED cannot replace them as driver or transporter, the INSURER, subject to the written authorisation from the owner of the vehicle, will send a professional driver so that they may transport the vehicle and the vehicle’s occupants to their address in their country of origin.
The INSURER will only pay the costs incurred by the driver in question, excluding all other costs, such as road tolls, maintenance of the vehicle, petrol costs or the vehicles incurred by the travellers.
The INSURED, subject to the laws on the use of powered vehicles and traffic in the countries through which the driver must pass, may not be forced to provide this service, if the vehicle does not meet the legal requirements of each country, or if there are any irregularities in the vehicle or it is not advised that the vehicle be used.
5.- ASSIGNATION OF A COMPANION FOR THE REPATRIATION OF MINORS
If the INSURED becomes ill, injured or deceased and they were travelling in the sole company of a son or daughter, who is also insured and is less than 15 years of age the INSURERS will organise and pay for the transportation so that someone can accompany the minor until they have returned to their habitual place of residence.
6.- RETURN OF OBJECTS FORGOTTEN IN THE HOTEL OR APARTMENT
The INSURER will organise and pay the cost of sending any objects that the INSURED have forgotten in the hotel or apartment where they stayed, up to a limit of € 120, provided that the cost of the object exceeds this sum.
Cover does not extend to cancellations or reimbursements for trips caused by:
a) Beauty treatments, periodic checks, regular treatment, warnings about flights, vaccinations, the impossibility of following a recommended preventive medical treatment in specific destinations or voluntary interruption of pregnancy.
b) Psychological or mental illnesses or Depressions not requiring hospitalisation, or that require hospitalisation for less than seven days.
c) Illnesses that are being treated or require medical care within the 30 days preceding both the date that the reservation is contracted and the date of inclusion in the insurance.
d) Participation in bets, duels, crimes or fights, unless exercised in legitimate defence.
g) The failure to present the documents that are essential for any travel, such as passports, visas, tickets, driving licenses or vaccination certificates, due to any cause.
h) Complications in a pregnancy, except for as foreseen in section 5) of this Reserve Cancellation Cost Cover.
7.1 Material Losses.
The INSURER guarantees, up to the sum of 300.00 Euros per person, r persona, subject to the exclusions stipulated in these General Conditions, the payment of the indemnity for material damage or loss affecting the luggage, during the outbound and return journey in any form of transport contracted with the organisation used to reserve the hotel or apartment and excluding all other forms of transport, as a consequence of:
• Theft (for these purposes, theft is understood solely as that perpetrated with the use of violence or intimidation on persons or the use of force on objects).
• Breakdowns or damage caused directly by fire or theft.
• Breakdowns and definitive, total or partial losses caused by the transport company.
Valuables are covered up to 50% of the sum insured on the total luggage. The word “valuables” refers to jewellery, watches, precious metals, furs, paintings, works of art, silver and precious metalwork, singular objects, mobile telephones and their accessories, photo and video cameras and their accessories, radios, sound and image content and reproduction media, as well as their accessories, computer information or material of all types, prototypes and remote-controlled/guided accessories, rifles, including their optical accessories, wheelchairs and medical devices, etc.
Furs and jewellery are covered only against theft and only when they have been placed in the hotel’s safe or when the INSURED are carrying them with them.
Luggage left in vehicles is only INSURED if it is inside the boot and the boot is locked. Between 10 P.M. and 6 A.M., the vehicle must be parked in a closed car park, with a security guard service; this limitation does not apply to vehicles entrusted to a transport company. In no case will the insurance cover luggage stolen from vans or minivans, due to the fact that these vehicles do not have boots with an independent lock.
Valuables left inside the boot of a vehicle are only covered when the vehicle is situated in a garage or car park with a security guard service.
The application of the proportional rule is expressly annulled in the event of a loss covered under this section and the indemnity will be paid at first risk.
This cover does not extend to:
a) The stocks and materials for professional use, coins, bank notes, travelling tickets, stamp collections, titles of any type, ID document and, in general, any document and/or valuable title, credit cards, tapes and/or discs with memory, documents registered in magnetic strips or films, professional collections and materials, prostheses, glasses and contact lenses. For these purposes, personal computers will not be considered as professional materials.
b) Theft, unless it occurs inside the hotel rooms or apartments when these are locked (for these purposes, theft is understood as robberies occurring as a result of the INSURED’S inattentiveness, without the circumstance of personal violence or intimidation towards people or the application of force on objects).
c) The damage due to normal or natural wear and tear, inherent vice and/or inadequate or insufficient packaging. The damage due to gradual deterioration caused by the effects of the weather.
d) The loss resulting from the simple misplacement of an element or as a result of forgetfulness, unless the element was lost after being entrusted to a transport company.
e) Theft occurring during any camping exercise or when staying in a caravan, in the open-air; all valuables are completely excluded if lost during any form of camping whatsoever.
f) The damage, loss or theft, resulting from the valuables and personal possessions being left in a public or unsecured place or in a place with access for various occupants.
g) Injuries, unless they are the result of an accident caused during travel, resulting from simple theft or theft with forced entry, armed aggression, fire or the attempt to extinguish a fire.
h) Damage or loss caused directly or indirectly by war, civil or military upheavals, popular rebellions, strikes, earthquakes and radioactivity.
i) Damage caused intentionally by the INSURED or due to severe negligence by the INSURED and the damage caused by leaks of liquid contained inside the luggage.
j) All powered vehicles, including their parts and accessories.
OBSERVATIONS: 1. The premiums offered here are valid for two months as of the date of this Insurance Project.
2. This Insurance Project is a summary of the Covers and is subject to the exclusions and limitations established in the GENERAL CONDITIONS of the Policy.